Reporting to the Manager, Group Sales, the Account Executive is responsible for creating revenue through the sale of group tickets and ticket packages. This position will be required to plan, sell and execute group sales initiatives and experiences for Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) hockey brands (Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings).
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primarily responsible for Group Ticket Sales for OEG
- Responsible for B2B Season Seat and Partial Plan sales during the spring selling season
- Creates and builds relationships with new and existing group sales clients and prospects
- Completes prospect communication via phone calls, emails and social selling techniques
- Plans and executes group sales experiences
- Participates in in-game visits
- Responsible for upselling current clients
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is an asset
- 1-2 years of sales experience in a sports environment is preferred
- Must have a strong sales strategy with persistence and creativity
- Must be have strong relationship building skills with external customers
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills in addition to a strong telephone presence.
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including all games and various events
- Must have access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license for Alberta (or ability to obtain one prior to employment).
- Experience with Archtics and CRM software is an asset