Manager, Loyalty Marketing - Edmonton Oilers (Edmonton · AB · Canada)
About OEG Sports & Entertainment
OEG delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Our vision is to be a world leader in sports and entertainment, and to win on and off the ice by connecting our fans to their passion, inspiring and investing in our communities, embracing growth and risk-taking and celebrating a work-hard play-hard lifestyle.
About the Role:
The Edmonton Oilers released launched LOILTY Rewards. This free program allows Oilers fans the opportunity to earn and redeem points simply through their actions as supporters of the hockey club. The Manager, Loyalty Marketing will be responsible for the day-to-day management of LOILTY Rewards, including serving as the key lead for offers, rewards and user experience within the platform. They will be the driving force in managing and evolving the Rewards Program by utilizing data and through-the-line marketing assets to consistently and continuously grow membership.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Lead the development of loyalty strategies and plans that focus on growth, and achieving financial objectives, from implementation to execution
- Partner with retail and other departments to ensure a constant pipeline of rewards material and planning out unique rewards as the program grows
- Manage and lead LOILTY Rewards executional strategy in venue during events to continue to grow membership base
- Develop effective POS materials to maximize awareness of LOILTY Rewards program at key interaction points
- Lead education / training programs as appropriate
- Manage LOILTY Rewards platform to give users of the program the best experience possible
- Track KPIs/metrics and create dashboard and reporting to measure and drive the impact of Loyalty and CRM strategies
- Conduct cost benefit analysis when developing program offerings. Consistently review program analytics to identify areas of concern and minimize risks of exposure to OEGSE
- Work with OEGSE Partnerships department to onboard new partners and subsequently provide them with the information needed to understand program impact for the participating partner
- Monitor and interpret campaign performance to inform and adapt future strategy.
Who You Are:
- You are a confident and an enthusiastic marketer that can take ownership of a project and guide it with minimal supervision beyond onboarding phase
- You are focused on execution and solution-oriented
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead multiple cross-functional projects and create efficiencies across the team
- You have a talent for building great working relationships with other departments and across all levels within an organization
- Disciplined in keeping the customer top of mind and at the center of everything you do
- You embody a passion for the industry and a shared interest in and commitment to the goals and direction of the company as it grows and expands
- You have the flexibility to work a schedule that will include many event nights
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Course focus on marketing or business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in marketing, with direct experience in lifecycle management or customer strategy and loyalty being a benefit
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing (social media, display, SEM, etc.) and experience developing and directing digital-heavy campaigns
- Experience developing reports and presenting on a regular basis to senior executives
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by event/promotions schedule
What’s in it for you?
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits + RSP Matching Program
- Oilers, Oil Kings, and Live Entertainment Ticket Options
- Healthcare and Lifestyle Spending Account Options
- On-Site Parking and Transit Allowance
- On-Site Gym
- Beautiful Office Space located Downtown Edmonton within Rogers Place – with easy access to the LRT!
- Social Work Culture + Employee Events
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.