In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
About Oilers Entertainment Group
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
The Events Electrician is responsible for all aspects of facility electrical components for Rogers Place & Ice District. Reporting to the Supervisor, Electrical, the Events Electrician has responsibility for the operation and repair of Rogers Place during events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as one of the on-site electricians for Rogers Place & Ice District events
- Inspect operating function to evaluate efficiency methods
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational and maintenance issues
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System for electrical systems
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department regulations, OH&S, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure, strong level of initiative required
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft programs and familiarization with computerized maintenance systems and assets
- Leads by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate expectations to the team to achieve results
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons and facts
- Knowledgeable in show power for concert and ice arena cam lock assemblies
- High School or Technical School diploma or combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Valid Province of Alberta Journeyman Electrician certificate is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of sports facility operation is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
- Available on an “on-call” basis during evenings and weekends
- Must be available for shift work, weekends and holidays
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team. Our organization is committed to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We require the successful applicant to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.