Digital Content Producer & Reporter
Oilers Entertainment Group
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the five-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings, located in ICE District, Canada’s largest mixed-used sports and entertainment development. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event and brand-promotion companies and has a significant stake in Hollywood production company Silver Pictures Entertainment. For additional information, visit www.rogersplace.com
Vision: “To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment”
Mission Statement: “We deliver I Remember Moments by investing in world class talent, committing to service excellence and connecting fans to their passion.”
Reporting directly to the Manager, Digital Media, this position is the primary on-camera role for the Oilers, Oilers TV and EdmontonOilers.com. They will be responsible for executing on the digital video plan, attending practices and games, setting up interviews and posting video features on game days and practice days. The position will also write articles and assist with the management of content on the Oilers Website.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary face on camera for all content related to the Oilers, Oilers TV and EdmontonOilers.com
- Execute on video plan: attend practices/games, set up interviews, write and edit video stories
- Host live streams, including special events and home post-game coverage
- Hosting duties as required outside of the digital realm (e.g. in-game intermission interviews, Skills Competition, etc.)
- Assist in written coverage of the Oilers on game days and practices
- Write articles and develop written features primarily for EdmontonOilers.com and the game program but also secondary support for EOCF, Rogers Place, Oilers Alumni and other OEG projects as required
- Assist Manager, Digital Media with other page builds and special projects, particularly ticketing, sponsorship and editorial
Education, Experience and Skills:
3-5 years experience in on-camera reporting, preferably with a major market TV station or reporting for a professional sports team
- 5-7 of years of experience in sports journalism, with work published in a major publication, club website or newspaper
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Experience using ENG cameras and in video editing (Adobe Premiere) is required
- Passionate about a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Expects highest quality performance from self and others.
- Strategic thinker.
- Creative storyteller.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of poise and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Results driven with ability to set and deliver on priorities.
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with access to a vehicle
- Must possess a valid passport