Bakersfield Condors: Condors Community Foundation Fundraising Staff - $12/Hour
The Condors Community Foundation is committed to the Bakersfield/Kern County area and focuses on maximizing its impact and engagement with the community through local charities, non-profits and youth organizations. The Condors Community Foundation is seeking skilled, motivated and reliable individuals to fill the part time position of Foundation Fundraising Staff. Under the supervision of the Community Relations Manager and Gameday Manager, the Foundation Fundraising Staff position(s) will assist in the overall fundraising during the Bakersfield Condors season at Rabobank Arena.
- Work ALL Bakersfield Condors home games for the 2019-2020 season.
- Assist with all in-game fundraising activities for the Condors Community Foundation, including but not limited to 50/50 raffles, Condors Gear (jerseys, pucks, etc.) raffles and Silent Auctions.
- Meet fundraising goals for each game set by manager.
- Attend a pre-season training session.
- Provide high quality customer service interaction with all fans to enhance the entertainment experience.
- Educate fans about the Condors Community Foundation’s mission and core programs.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary, from October through April.
- Approach fans pre-game and in-game to explain the details of the 50/50 Program and sell raffle tickets.
- Accurately handle the sale and distribution of tickets, following program requirements.
- Answer questions and educate fans about the various programs and fundraising opportunities through the Condors Community Foundation
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be comfortable to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must be outgoing, well-spoken and determined to make sales on behalf of the Condors Community Foundation.
- A professional demeanor with the ability to interact with our fans and front office staff.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Strong sales skill a plus.
- Prior cash handling experience a plus.
- Must be prompt and arrive to work on time.