Accounting Coordinator - Bakersfield Condors (Bakersfield · CA)
OEG delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada. OEG also owns and operates Edmonton’s high-performance health and fitness club, Archetype, and is co-owner of film production company Silver Pictures, one of Hollywood’s highest-grossing producers of all time.
At OEG, our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passion, which is ours as well! We play like a team and always work with integrity towards our common purpose. We have a commitment to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
POSITION: Coordinator, Accounting - Bakersfield Condors
REPORTS TO: Accountant
LOCATION: Bakersfield, California
STATUS: Permanent Full Time
- Prepares and posts month end journal entries
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Prepares and files sales tax return
- Responsible for receiving, entering, and paying accounts payable invoices and staff expense reports
- Verifies invoices and expense reports comply with financial policies and procedures
- Provides input to the annual budget processes, as needed
- Responsible for invoicing customers
- Maintenance of accounts receivable aging reports
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Collection of outstanding accounts receivable balances
- Liaise with operations to resolve billing issues or collection matters
- Prepare bank deposits and accurately post cash receipts
- Sort per diem for road trips for team and coaching staff
- Assist in game day operations such as 50/50 operations, game day cash, and auctions
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting is preferred. In lieu of formal education, experience in a related field may be considered
- 1-3 years of related accounting experience is required. Accounts Receivable processing experience is considered an asset
- Experience with computerized accounting software (i.e., Great Plains, Concur, etc.) and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team. Our organization is committed to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We require the successful applicant to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
This is an entry-level role, budgeted at $16.00/hour.