In-Arena Host - Worcester Railers HC (Worcester · MA)
Worcester Railers HC jobs
Sports Jobs in Worcester · MA
Event Management: Live Event Production: Announcers, DJs, MCs
The Worcester Railers HC is in search of an in-arena host for the 2021-22 season. The in-arena host will engage and interact with fans through sponsorship activations and in-game promotions by utilizing their positive energy, body language, and projection into a microphone in front of large audiences. Duties include facilitating promotions on and off the ice, interacting with fans during games, and conducting on-camera interviews. This is a part-time position and will require the applicant to work all 36 home games.
- Execute on-ice and in-crowd promotions, both sponsored and un-sponsored, as set forth in the game script and rundown provided by the Director of Game Operations.
- Ensure all game entertainment, promotions, contests, and activities are explained clearly and accurately to fans.
- Better the fan experience by engaging and compelling the crowd during game timeouts and intermissions.
- Conduct on-camera interviews when necessary.
- Work with game night staff to find contestants for in-game promotions.
- Follow strict timing and adjust/improvise when necessary.
- Attend game day meetings and rehearsals as necessary.
- Other various duties that may arise during the season.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must feel confident speaking and able to project into a microphone in front of large audiences.
- Ability to create positive energy using both voice and body language.
- Strong, clear vocal ability; excellent verbal communication.
- Must be able to memorize scripts and pronounce complex names.
- Must have experience performing/hosting on-camera and possess compelling camera presence.
- Must be able to relate with fans of all ages and demographics; must be able to “read” a crowd and adjust performance accordingly.
- Ability to work well under pressure (strong improvisation skills a plus).
- Must be punctual and possess good time management.
- Able to receive and apply constructive criticism.
- Commitment to team collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Creative and innovative personality.
- Knowledge of hockey and Worcester hockey history preferred.
- Ability to skate preferred.
- Must be available to work every home game and must be able to work flexible hours, including afternoons, nights, and weekends.
- Able to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time.
When submitting your application, please strongly consider providing a reel or video bio.