Head Athletic Trainer - Worcester Railers HC (Worcester · MA)
Worcester Railers HC jobs
Sports Jobs in Worcester · MA
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Head Athletic Trainer – Worcester Railers HC
The Worcester Railers HC are currently seeking a full-time, ATC Board Certified Athletic Trainer with their primary responsibilities being the Head Athletic Trainer for the Worcester Railers HC Professional Hockey Team. Hockey work experience is required and a certification in strength and conditioning is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all games and practices, including travel with the team.
- Responsible for the physical well-being of team personnel and proper treatment of injuries.
- Responsible for proper compliance with all workmen’s compensation procedures as established by the COO and League’s insurance provider.
- Responsible for proper documentation, filing, and reporting of all medical treatments and maintenance of medical files for each player.
- Responsible for all communication between medical service providers and team.
- Responsible for inventory of medical supplies and set-up of training areas both at home and on the road.
- Responsible for medical supply, medical expense budget, and accounting of the same.
- Assist as required by the Head Coach any non-medical team needs such as travel, set up of locker rooms, and other player-related matters.
- Work closely with the NY Islanders hockey staff to make sure that the training workouts put forth follow team guidelines and procedures.
- Reports to Head Coach and Team COO.
- Certified by the NATABOC
- Strength and Conditioning experience preferred.
- Experience with a professional hockey team is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with minimizing workman’s compensation claims and exposure for a hockey team.
- Ability to work within a defined budget and purchase order system.
- Excellent communication skills - Responsible for all communication between medical service providers and team.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Word processing skills.
- Energy, a professional attitude, and ability to learn quickly.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
- Qualified candidates may submit their information via clicking apply for this position link below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.