Game Operations Internship Fall / Winter - Worcester Railers HC (Worcester · MA)
Worcester Railers HC jobs
Sports Jobs in Worcester · MA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The Worcester Railers HC of the ECHL is looking for multiple Game Operations Interns during the Fall/Winter of the 2021-2022 Academic Year starting in October and ending in January. Candidates must be current college students and must be able to dedicate 15 hours a week to the internship. Strong writing and verbal skills are essential, as is the ability to work well in a dynamic, small-office environment. The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, and work long hours (evenings, weekends & holidays included).
- Interns will be required to attend every Railers HC home game + additional team functions
- Interns will be able to work office hours during the week. During office hours, interns will get experience in ticket sales, corporate fulfillment, social media management, business administration, marketing, and more
- Interns will be required to perform as the mascot during community appearances
- Interns will be encouraged to volunteer at Skate to Success, our flagship community program that takes place Tuesday mornings at the Worcester Ice Center
Notable Game Day Roles: Set Up/Break Down of Concourse, Fan Assistance Table, Chuck A Puck Tables, Kids Club, Production Assistant, Credential Table, Mascot Handler, Youth Hockey
- Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, Communication, and/or business degree preferred.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of projects.
- Basic knowledge of ice hockey encouraged but not required.
- Must receive college credit.
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
- Available to work every home game during the Fall semester.
- Must have reliable transportation and live in the Worcester or surrounding areas.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 and be able to show proof, per team protocol.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you aware this is an unpaid internship?
Are you aware you must work every home game + additional community events?
What makes you a good fit for this job?