Job Title: Camera Operator – (Full Season) Internship
Business Unit: Wheeling Nailers Hockey Team
Department: Game Operations
Reports To: Manger of Game Operations & Activation
The Wheeling Nailers (Proud affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins) are seeking highly motivated individuals that are looking to pursue sports as a future career, to provide a positive experience to all hockey fans by helping conduct in-game entertainment / production for all Wheeling Nailers home games.
- Operate camera, shooting in-arena home games
- Able to set up, tear down, and perform camera prep responsibilities
- Work with Game Producer on game nights to follow cues and execute their requests
- Other duties assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Must be able to stand and lift heavy objects (50+lbs) for long stretches of time
- Understand basics of exposure, focusing and composition
- 1-3 years’ related experience operating a camera – preferably in the sports industry
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- A hard work ethic and mental attitude of success
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to work game nights, weekends, and holidays throughout the calendar year
- Time management
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
The Wheeling Nailers may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. The Nailers are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.