Sports Marketing Internship - Savannah Ghost Pirates (Savannah · GA)
Savannah Ghost Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Savannah · GA
Sports Marketing Internship
The Savannah Ghost Pirates are seeking highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our 2022-23 Season Internships. Candidates should expect to build upon their work experience in the fast-paced, results driven world of the ECHL.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. All applications will be kept on file until the beginning of the internship program that each candidate applied for.
The internship program offers hands-on experience in sales, marketing and game operations through implementing and planning off-season activities leading up to and through the conclusion of the 2022-2023 season. Sales and Marketing Interns will be an integral part of the Ghost Pirates sales team by assisting in all aspects of selling, fulfilling and executing sales initiatives. Interns will also provide support for grassroots marketing, ticket sales events and Savannah Ghost Pirate game days. This internship is for outgoing, hardworking individuals who want to pursue a career in sports.
The position is based upon supervised work experience in departments throughout the organization, including:
- Community Relations
- Public Relations
- Corporate Partnerships
- Ticket Sales
- Retail Sales
- Events & Entertainment
- Graphic Design
The 2022-2023 Ghost Pirate Internship program will begin in May 2022 and end in late May 2023 Interns are also expected to commit to the full term of the internship. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for events and games.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a complete application and resume via Teamwork Online. Applicants may select up to two (2) departments of interest for placement. A selection does not guarantee a position within that department.
- Working towards a four-year college degree or graduate degree or recent graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, or Sports Management
- Housing and transportation in the Savannah Area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Strong professional attitude
- Experience in the sports industry preferred
Department Intern Positions
Listed below are brief descriptions for each department. Please note that certain departments may ask for additional requirements.
- The Community Relations Intern will gain experience by working on a variety of community outreach programs and events. Some of the Community Relations Intern’s responsibilities include managing team donations and organizing charitable events
- The Ticket Sales department is seeking talented individuals to provide assistance to the department with daily administrative duties and clerical support.
- Assist in executing various grassroots marketing activities with Ticket Sales department in order to drive ticket sales and brand awareness.
- Assist on Game Days with sales, marketing & service initiatives.
Corporate Partnership Sales & Activation
- The Corporate Partnerships Intern will learn how to prospect, pitch, and maintain sponsors and partner relationships, while gaining hands-on experience in professional sports marketing and business development.
Events & Entertainment
- The Events & Entertainment Department seeks individuals passionate about event planning and game day entertainment to receive hands-on training in a live environment.
- The Graphic Design Intern reports to the Creative Services Department and will designing print ads, graphics, website ads and content, invitations and other printed and electronic materials.
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design is preferred.
- The Public Relations Intern will report to our Executive Vice President. Responsibilities include conducting daily content, coordinating media interviews for players/coaching staff, assisting with media requests and needs during training camp and the season, organizing weekly information including the game release, player features, statistical updates and notes, as well as game day responsibilities throughout the course of the season.
Do you have housing in the Savannah area?
What two departments would you like to be part of?