The Savannah Ghost Pirates are seeking highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our 2022-23 Season Internships. Candidates should expect to build upon their work experience in the fast-paced, results driven world of the ECHL.
Finalists will be contacted for interviews. All applications will be kept on file through the season.
The internship program offers hands-on experience in game operations through implementing and planning activities for the 2022-2023 season. This internship is for outgoing, hardworking individuals who want to pursue a career in sports.
The position is based upon supervised work experience in departments throughout the organization, including:
- Community Relations
- Public Relations
- Events & Entertainment
The 2022-2023 Ghost Pirate Internship is currently running and will continue through April 2023. Interns are expected to commit to the full term of the internship. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for events and games.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a complete application and resume via Teamwork Online.
- Working towards a four-year college degree or graduate degree or post graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, or Sports Management
- Housing and transportation in the Savannah Area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Strong professional attitude
- Experience in the sports industry preferred
- The Community Relations Intern will gain experience by working on a variety of community outreach programs and events. Some of the Community Relations Intern’s responsibilities include managing team donations and organizing charitable events
Events & Entertainment
- The Events & Entertainment Department seeks individuals passionate about event planning and game day entertainment to receive hands-on training in a live environment.
- The Public Relations Intern will report to our Executive Vice President. Responsibilities include conducting daily content, coordinating media interviews for players/coaching staff, assisting with media requests and needs during training camp and the season, organizing weekly information including the game release, player features, statistical updates and notes, as well as game day responsibilities throughout the course of the season.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.