The Savannah Ghost Pirates are seeking highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our 2023-24 Equipment Management Internship. Candidates should expect to build upon their work experience in the fast-paced, results-driven world of the ECHL. Finalists will be contacted for interviews. This internship will run from October 2023 to the end of the Ghost Pirates 2023-24 season and is unpaid.
The Equipment Management Internship program offers hands-on experience in sports equipment management. Ideal candidate must be able to provide own transportation to Savannah and Enmarket Arena to attend Ghost Pirates home games.
- Laundry (before and after games)
- Setting up sticks
- Putting out warm-up pucks and game pucks
- Putting out bench towels
- Bring out gear that needs to be on the bench
- Helping the visiting team unload the bus
- Setting up the visitor's side (tape, saw, exhaust, glove dryers, etc.)
- Bringing out water and sports drinks
- Setting up bench for practice (tape, coaches boards, Laces, Waters, Pucks)
- After practice laundry
- Maintain the cleanness of the locker room (straightening out gear, Throwing away trash, Cleaning visors, etc.)
- Interest in pursuing a career in professional sports and/or entertainment industry
- Self-starter mentality and desire to take initiative
- Must be able to work games and events (nights, weekends, and holidays)
The 2023-24 Internship will begin in October 2023 and end in late May 2024. Interns are also expected to commit to the full term of the internship. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends for events and games.
- Housing and transportation in the Savannah Area
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Strong professional attitude
- Experience in the sports industry preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.