Intern - Hockey Operations - Reading Royals (Reading · PA)
Reading Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Reading · PA
The Reading Royals Hockey Club is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Equipment Managing interns to assist our Head Equipment Manager for the 2021-2022 ECHL hockey league season.
Working alongside the Equipment and Medical staffs in a professional manner at all times. This position will assist with all game day needs for the home and visiting clubs to ensure smooth and professional game night atmosphere for the players and visiting team.
Responsibilities for Game Night help:
- Oversee wants and needs of visiting team Equipment Manager
- Keep Visiting player bench, penalty box and visiting area in top condition
- Fill Water bottles at intermissions
- Responsible for loading and assisting the visitors out of the building post-game
- Ensure proper Food orders and delivery to visiting team bus prior to departure
- Assisting with set up/break down of benches and locker rooms
- Ability to work minimal 5pm-10:30pm on game days
Other Responsibilities include:
- Pressing game socks for repairs
- Help maintain inventories
- Minor equipment repairs
- Some sports knowledge preferred
- Great Attitude
- Team first mentality
- Ability to lift more than 40lbs
- Relevant experience is preferred but not required
- Must be vaccinated in full. No exceptions.
This is a solid chance and opportunity for a sports management fields to actually get out and work hands on in the field. There is a chance to make some extra cash as the position pays a game night fee as well as extra payable fees from the visiting teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.