Community Engagement and Mascot Intern - 2021-22 Season - Reading Royals (Reading · PA)
Reading Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Reading · PA
Event Management: Event Promotions
Purpose of the Position:
To execute all elements of engaging with the Reading, PA and Berks County community, to share the Reading Royals' name and ideals, and to become the Royals' mascot, Slapshot, for numerous events.
- Be the mascot for community appearances
- Engage with community whenever the Royals hold community events
- Set up and close down community event appearances
- Learn to run event appearances without assistance from community engagement director
- Assist in fulfillment and distribution of donation requests to charitable organizations
- Assist with social media at community events occasionally
- Represent the team in a positive and professional manner
- Strong People Skills
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and occasional weeknights
- Cooperative Attitude
- Adaptability and Time Management
- Excellent Verbal Communication
Note: This is an unpaid internship only for school credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What past experience, if any, do you have with event management and community engagement?
What past experience, if any, do you have with being a mascot?