Manager of Media Relations and Broadcasting - Rapid City Rush (Rapid City · SD)
Rapid City Rush jobs
Sports Jobs in Rapid City · SD
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcasting
Spire Hockey: Rapid City Rush (ECHL)
Based outside of Charlotte, N.C., Spire Sports + Entertainment is bolstered by principled employees with decades of collective experience in brand consulting, celebrity representation and career management, business development, sponsorship placement and program management, event activation, hospitality, media relations, social media support and strategic consulting.
Operating below the radar for more than a decade, Spire’s work is unknowingly seen every day with our focus on accomplishment rather than accolades. Spire Hockey is currently comprised of the Rapid City Rush and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL, the premier “AA” professional hockey organization in North America.
Spire and the Rapid City Rush seek a Manager of Media Relations & Broadcaster. The role will be responsible for developing relationships with local and regional media, positive brand image and managing communication outlets. Additionally, the role will serve as the primary play-by-play broadcaster for all Rapid City Rush games. The Manager of Media Relations & Broadcaster will; be extremely personable, an effective multi-tasker and communicator. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter that takes initiative and thinks creatively.
FRONT OFFICE ROLES
- Serve as broadcaster all preseason, regular season, and playoff Rush games
- Responsible for broadcast functions, including broadcast format
- Maintain contact with radio partner KKLS regarding format and other broadcast technicalities
- Produce radio ads for team and sponsor use (where applicable)
- Maintain team website through iX.co
- Serve as primary point of contact with FloSports/FloHockey to ensure technology is working for all home games and (if applicable) all remote/away broadcasts
- Produce feature stories for team website and social media platforms
- Write press releases for team website, social media, and e-blasts to communicate with fan base, including but not limited to postgame recaps, player transactions, affiliation news, and other team news as needed
- Serve as host/emcee/face of team through various content and functions
- Produce game notes packets for all home games, and produce game notes for all road games
- Serve as media relations/PR liaison with community media partners, including, but not limited to television, print journalism, radio, and online coverage
- manage the off-ice officials, including but not limited to scheduling, payroll, recruitment and stat corrections
- Other duties as assigned
HOCKEY OPERATIONS ROLES
- Assist with immigration every offseason for incoming Canadian/international players
- (when applicable) assist international rookies in obtaining social security numbers
- Coordinate flights/buses/travel with Head Athletic Trainer
- Help coordinate meals on the road
- Help with various technology (set up/tear down for film, troubleshooting for hockey ops staff)
- Serve as primary point of contact between front office and hockey operations for community outreach, media appearances, media day, and other situations that have crossover
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in communications or related field, or 3 + years of progressive professional experience in broadcasting, communications, and content creation, strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Basic proficiency with audio editing software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain professional relationship with team staff, players, media, and league officials
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What interests you about this role?
Are you willing to relocate?