Manager of Community Relations & Game Operations - Rapid City Rush (Rapid City · SD)
Rapid City Rush jobs
Sports Jobs in Rapid City · SD
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Schedule and attends all community appearances for the Rush organization.
- Assist in the planning, production and execution of all team charitable events and community outreach programs
- Coordinate the Organization of the Night program
- Solicit local community members for ‘Hero of the Game’ program, and is point of contact for execution through all Rush Home Games
- Manage the 5th Line Club; including but not limited to recruiting potential members, running the 5th Line Auction, managing a budget for the Club, fulfilling the elements of Club’s memberships, planning and executing all 5th Line Club special events
- Assist in fulfillment and distribution of donation requests to charitable organizations
- Sell community partnerships
- Regularly follow up with community leaders, nonprofit organizations, schools, to develop essential relationships on behalf of the Rush organization
- Point of contact for Rush Miner’s (Kids) Club – grow membership, create monthly newsletter for members, develop revenue generating ideas for Club
- Assist Director of Social and Creative Content with managing game operations staff
- Oversee all jersey auctions and raffles that take place throughout the season
- Develop, grow and manage relationship with Team’s Booster Club
- Assist with scheduling all Training Camp Meals for Team
- Cover games, events and other related appearances for social media channels
- Willing and able to work all Rush home games, flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Assist in other departments throughout the organization as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Social and Creative Content
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- A self-starter who is motivated, organized, and has a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the team professionally in all environments
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Commitment to team collaboration and continuous improvement
- Interest in sports a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus