Social Media & Communications Intern
Term: Fall 2023 Semester (Aug-Dec) and Spring 2024 Semester (Jan-April)
Anticipated Start Date: September 2023
Anticipated End Date: April 2024
*Please note that applicants must be available for all Norfolk Admirals home games
from the start date until their selected end date.
The Norfolk Admirals are currently seeking motivated and inquisitive individuals for our
2023-2024 internship program in social media and communications. The ideal
candidate for this internship is organized, reliable, self-motivated, customer oriented,
and capable of being adaptable in fast paced environments. A qualified candidate
should be able to work independently and within a team, handle multiple projects and
tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives set forth by their supervisor and
themselves. All internships within the organization are unpaid and require the intern to
receive academic credit for their time. Candidates selected for a role within the
organization will be given the opportunity to have a hand in all aspects of executing a
Norfolk Admirals home game and assist the communications staff in away games
remotely. In addition to the social media and communications tasks, interns will be
exposed to projects based around event promotion, sales, and business operations
during office hours.
- Live tweet all home/away games
- Post Instagram story content during home games
- Assist in the creation of all home and away highlights
- Produce, edit, and post in-game video footage for social media, promotional, and inhouse use during home games
- Produce and execute in-game graphics for social media
- Assist local media/broadcasters during home games with game notes, bios, previews, recaps, and statistical packages following the ECHL’s requirements
- Assist in local media interactions with post-game interviews with media members, players, and coach staff following each home game
- Other projects and tasks that are assigned by department personnel
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit for an internship from a college or university.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and be majoring in a business discipline or sports management.
- Must be located in the Tidewater metropolitan area during the internship.
- Have knowledge of shooting sports in video and photography
- Demonstrate writing and grammar proficiency
- Have familiarity with the game of ice hockey
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Audition, Premiere, and Photoshop)
- Be available to attend ALL Norfolk Admirals home games and tweet ALL Norfolk Admirals road games
- Have transportation to Norfolk Scope Arena
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a sports environment and in media work zones
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.