Senior Sales Manager - Kalamazoo Wings (Kalamazoo · MI)
Kalamazoo Wings Jobs
Jobs in Kalamazoo · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Top Reasons to Work With GHG
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team that is fun, high-energy, and passionate about selling a diverse Event Center
- You will utilize your skills and experience in an environment that encourages creativity and building relationships with potential clients
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with the General Manager on the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and ongoing training of Sales Associates. Lead sales staff by example and through proactive direction, feedback and mentoring.
- Have a strong passion for driving revenue sales and guest service
- Aggressively pursue sales opportunities for full season plans, partial season plans and group sales
- Services existing business accounts obtain future bookings and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily/weekly/monthly work schedules to call on existing or future potential guests.
- Continuously improve the content, approach, and timing of outside sales calls by studying the potential market, consulting with the General Manager, and making adjustments for continuously improving the closing ratio.
- Collaborate with the General Manager to create, develop, and implement sales campaigns as it relates to season tickets, flex plans, groups, promotional ticket packages and theme nights.
- Responsible for ensuring sales staff are actively updating their pipeline with outbound calls, in-person meetings, prospecting new leads and leveraging current clients for referrals.
- Develop a high energy, internal culture of top class customer service, accountability, not being satisfied with the status quo and taking pride in the quality of work.
- Game day responsibilities: schedule staff for the sales table and will call, interact with fans with a focus on customer service and gaining a better understanding of the fan base, meet with your own clients to ensure their satisfaction, and assist with other related tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Experience managing and mentoring a sales staff
- Positive attitude
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Organized, energetic individual capable of working effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, written & oral communication skills
- Ultimate Team Player – enthusiastic about helping others
- Desire to be GREAT – not willing to settle for average
- Able to work closely with staff through strong communication and verbal skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours or more
- Able to stoop and bend
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds from time to time
- Able to safely work with potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment
- Able to comply with safety and health code standards
- Able to handle responsibilities that require repetitive motion tasks
What's in it for You
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Accrued PTO starts immediately and is available as soon as a minimum of 2 hours is accrued
- 401K with 100% match up to 3% and 50% match up for the next 2%
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance
- Robust Employee Assistance Program providing a wide range of services including up to 7 free counseling sessions per year
- Health and wellness reimbursement up to $600 annually for items like massages, gym memberships, running shoes etc.
- 10% discount on GHG outlets
- Discounted hotel rates at Radisson Hotel Group branded properties worldwide
- Monthly cell phone stipends
- Annual leadership classes and trainings
- Parental Leave Program
- Flexible work schedule
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed