The Jacksonville Icemen are seeking highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our 2023-24 Season Internship Program. Candidates should expect to build upon their work experience in the fast-paced, results-driven world of the ECHL. Finalists will be contacted for interviews. All applications will be kept on file until the beginning of the internship program that each candidate applied for.
The internship program offers hands-on experience in sales, marketing, game operations and game presentation. Interns will learn various skills while working closely with all members of the Icemen Front Office through assisting in the office, on gamedays and at community events.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes.
- Customer first mindset while at games, in the office and at events.
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- An open mind and willingness to learn.
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, and pride.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
As an intern your responsibilities may include the following:
- Attend all home games of the Jacksonville Icemen.
- Assist in the development and execution of theme nights and promotions.
- Assist with performance groups including anthem singers, color guards, and intermission acts and other on ice activities.
- Manage social media during home and away game.
- Manage the DJ booth and assist our production team during games.
- Manage the Chuck-A-Puck table and Kid’s Club booth throughout games.
- Manage the merchandise booth at games, while keeping inventory and stocking.
- Assist with the set up and tear-down preparation on game days.
- Assist with offsite events such as watch parties or community events and perform as the mascot if needed.
- Attend office hours during the week to gain experience in ticket sales, corporate fulfillment, social media management, business administration, marketing, and more.
- Working towards a four-year college degree or graduate degree or recent graduate in Marketing, Business Administration, or Sports Management
- Housing and transportation in the Jacksonville Area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Strong professional attitude
- Experience in the sports industry preferred.
- Available to work every home game.
This is a non-paid internship. If an intern is need of school credit, they can receive hours.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a complete application and resume via Teamwork Online. The applicant will go through two rounds of interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.