The Indy Fuel Hockey Club are proud members of the ECHL. The Indy Fuel are under the same ownership as the newly formed IFL team, the Fishers Freight. The Freight's opening season kicks off in the spring of 2025.
The Indy Fuel is looking for energetic and motivated local college students for our Community Relations internship program. We take pride in offering fans a fast paced and exciting hockey environment and participating and adding value in the communities that support us. Interns are integral in allowing Indy Fuel to reach as many fans as possible through appearances and events. We aim to provide our interns with rich sports industry experience and help to prepare them for their future opportunities. Please read through the description thoroughly and apply if it sounds like the right fit for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the planning and execution of community events for both the Fuel and Fishers Freight.
- Execute community event set up and tear down
- Participate in grassroots marketing efforts aimed at interacting with fans, generating consumer leads, and representing the Indy Fuel and Fishers Freight.
- Assist with donation request fulfillment
- Work with Media interns to provide community engagement photos/graphics used for website and social media
- Help to maintain an organized and accurate inventory of promotional items
- General organization of storage areas
- Assist Sponsorship and Ticketing department with various projects when needed
- Plan and attend community events and mascot appearances
- Support front office team through various office administrative tasks
Skills and Requirements
- Able to receive college credit for your internship
- Must be able to work the majority of community events May-August
- Must be able to work a 5-8 hour office administrative shift once every 1-2 weeks
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work effectively with little to no supervision
- Must be able to troubleshoot in response to challenges
- Must have excellent communication skills and act as a team ambassador with every interaction
- Must have excellent strong personal organizational skills
*Please note: Interns must be able to receive credit for this internship. Office hours and community events are unpaid. This is not a remote opportunity, must be local or able to travel to Indianapolis for this internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.