TITLE: Ticket Sales Intern
POSITION TYPE: Internship (2023-2024 Full Season)
COMPANY: Spire Sports + Entertainment: Greenville Swamp Rabbits
LOCATION: Greenville, SC
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
POSTED DATE: 7/26/2023
Spire Sports & Entertainment is a diversified sports and entertainment organization that pushes the boundaries of traditional marketing to foster business growth in the rapidly changing modern era. Having acquired the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL in March of 2020, the organization has seen tremendous growth in all areas of business development, highlighted by overall league-recognition as the ECHL’s ‘Rising Star Award’ winner and finalist in back-to-back seasons.
As an organization we continue to strive daily to work and live by our core principles of what it means to be a R.A.B.B.I.T:
R – Relentless
A – Accountable
B – Believe
B – Bring Urgency
I – Impactful
T – Team-first Mentality
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits seek a Ticket Sales Intern for the 2023-2024 season. This team member will work directly within the ticket sales department and will be supervised day to day by the Director of Ticketing. During the internship, the intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to ticket sales and operations, as well as data management and market research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in selling partial season plans and group packages to prospective fans.
- Complete a minimum of 35 touch points per day.
- Provide premier level customer service to all fans on game nights.
- Ensure all ticket sales game day requirements are done prior to the start of the game
- Work in the box office on game nights to assist with any ticketing issues that might arise
- Database collection, input, and management of CRM System
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by ticket sales leadership
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. MUST be able to receive course credit.
- Prior ticket sales experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Internship High Points:
- Academic credit internship
- Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
- Generating experience of working in a ticket sales department
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.