TITLE: Sr. Director, Business Operations
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
COMPANY: Spire Sports + Entertainment: Greenville Swamp Rabbits
LOCATION: Greenville, SC
REPORTS TO: Team President
Spire Sports & Entertainment is a diversified sports and entertainment organization that pushes the boundaries of traditional marketing to foster business growth in the rapidly changing modern era. Since acquiring the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL in March of 2020, the franchise has seen tremendous growth in all areas of business development, highlighted by overall league-recognition as the ECHL’s ‘Rising Star Award’ winner (2022) and finalist (2023) in back-to-back seasons.
As an organization, the Greenville Swamp Rabbits strive daily to work and live by the core principles of what it means to be a R.A.B.B.I.T:
R – Relentless
A – Accountable
B – Believe
B – Bring Urgency
I – Impactful
T – Team-first Mentality
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are seeking a Senior Director, Business Operations. This position is responsible for the oversight of several front office departments, and full-time staff – comprising of Marketing, Branding, and External Affairs. Specifically, this candidate will be a proven-leader, with a unique creative skillset. This position will report directly to the President of the Team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all Marketing, Branding and Creative Services of the Team.
- Work closely with the Team’s marketing agency, Ghost Brands, in developing impactful content and promotions that drive ticket sales revenue, partnership activation and fan engagement.
- Responsible for supervising multiple business operations full-time staff – including, Game Operations, Social Media, Graphic Design, Media Relations and Marketing/Promotions.
- The ideal candidate will take initiative on creative projects and unique promotional opportunities for the team, both in-Arena and as a member of the community.
- Assist with Game Operations including; Production Booth, Gameday Staff, Sponsorship Activation and Fan Entertainment.
- Develop the overall branding for the Team and publish graphic design and production collateral to be used by business operations, including – ticket sales programs, sponsorship proposals / activation and community programming.
- Assist ticket sales staff to achieve overall ticket sales goals of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4+ years of managerial experience, preferably with a Professional Sports Team Front Office
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have a self-starter mentality with a career-minded drive.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced team environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays as needed. Will be responsible for working all team’s home games and events as scheduled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.