Spire Sports & Entertainment is a diversified sports and entertainment organization that pushes the boundaries of traditional marketing to foster business growth in the rapidly changing modern era. Having acquired the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL in March of 2020, the organization has seen tremendous growth in all areas of business development, highlighted by overall league-recognition as the ECHL’s ‘Rising Star Award’ winner and finalist in back-to-back seasons.
As an organization we continue to strive daily to work and live by our core principles of what it means to be a R.A.B.B.I.T:
R – Relentless
A – Accountable
B – Believe
B – Bring Urgency
I – Impactful
T – Team-first Mentality
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits seek a Mascot Assistant. This team member works directly with the Mascot and Game Operations department, supervised by the Manager of Mascot Programs and Outreach. The part-time Mascot Assistant is responsible for aiding Stomper and the Swamp Rabbits mascot program at all home games. This role will report to and work closely with the Mascot Program Manager in driving in-game elements, seat visits, outside appearances, and creating social media content. This person will be part of a team-focused environment. Are you a passionate, enthusiastic, and creative individual who leads a well-organized program with professionalism and attention to detail? We'd love to hear from you!
- Assist Stomper the rabbit and entertainment team at designated home games
- Must be able to arrive at home games two hours prior to puck drop
- Must be physically active for long periods of time, document the mascot using a cell phone, and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to interact with fans and speak for mascot at games and appearances
- Provide overall support to the Game Entertainment & Promotions Departments
- Maintain condition of mascot program props and equipment
- Provide creative assistance to presentation, skits, and other in-game promotions
- May be asked to perform as back up mascot or other characters as needed
- Adhere to Mascot Program rules
- Must be 18 years old
- High School Degree
- Ability to ice skate is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be creative and understand non-verbal acting and communication
- Must possess a basic knowledge of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits and the ECHL, and handle confidential information professionally
- Flexible Schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.