TITLE: Manager of Group Sales
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
COMPANY: Spire Sports + Entertainment: Greenville Swamp Rabbits
LOCATION: Greenville, SC
REPORTS TO: Director Of Ticketing
Spire Sports & Entertainment is a diversified sports and entertainment organization that pushes the boundaries of traditional marketing to foster business growth in the rapidly changing modern era. Having acquired the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL in March of 2020, the organization has seen tremendous growth in all areas of business development, highlighted by overall league-recognition as the ECHL’s ‘Rising Star Award’ winner and finalist in back-to-back seasons.
As an organization we continue to strive daily to work and live by our core principles of what it means to be a R.A.B.B.I.T:
R – Relentless
A – Accountable
B – Believe
B – Bring Urgency
I – Impactful
T – Team-first Mentality
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are seeking a Manager of Group Sales. This position is responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales Department in reaching sales goals through a variety of outbound sales efforts. Specifically, this candidate will be a proven-revenue generator that takes a lead on generating group ticket sales. This position will be supervised day to day by the Director of Ticketing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacting qualified group leaders to generate ticket sales revenue through fundraising opportunities, group outings, premium sales, and other ticket packages.
- Calling on local organizations, non-profits, youth sports teams, schools, etc.
- Make 40-80 calls to organizations daily.
- Assist with renewal and servicing of group ticket packages from the 2023-24 season.
- Lead the charge on new group opportunities and experiences offered by the Swamp Rabbits.
- Manage and track ticket group sales inventory, renewals and provide updates weekly to executive leadership.
- Proactively seek new leads through referrals, prospecting, and networking opportunities.
- Assist ticket sales staff to achieve overall ticket sales goals of the team.
- Execute game day responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience
- 1+ year of management experience a plus
- Knowledge of Hockey a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have a self-starting and proactive mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.