TITLE: Game Operations Intern
POSITION TYPE: Internship (2023-2024 Full Season)
COMPANY: Spire Sports + Entertainment: Greenville Swamp Rabbits
LOCATION: Greenville, SC
REPORTS TO: Director of Branding and Fan Experience
POSTED DATE: 7/25/2023
Spire Sports & Entertainment is a diversified sports and entertainment organization that pushes the boundaries of traditional marketing to foster business growth in the rapidly changing modern era. Having acquired the Greenville Swamp Rabbits of the ECHL in March of 2020, the organization has seen tremendous growth in all areas of business development, highlighted by overall league-recognition as the ECHL’s ‘Rising Star Award’ winner and finalist in back-to-back seasons.
As an organization we continue to strive daily to work and live by our core principles of what it means to be a R.A.B.B.I.T:
R – Relentless
A – Accountable
B – Believe
B – Bring Urgency
I – Impactful
T – Team-first Mentality
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits seek a Game Operations Intern. This team member works directly with the Marketing and Game Operations department, supervised by the Director of Branding and Fan Experience. During the internship, the intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to event planning and management, social media, marketing, as well as introductions to marketing research, data management and business analytics. This person will be part of a team-focused environment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Brainstorming ideas for interactive elements to attract fans to games and events
· Market research on industry standard interactive elements in game (Fan Cams, Giveaways, Media Timeouts, etc.)
· Research on corporate partner brands and brainstorming which interactive elements could pair with different companies and industries
· Brainstorming and price concourse decorations that pair well with theme nights
· Research local and national acts and talents available for pre-game party and in-game activations
· Present research to Director of Branding and Fan Experience
· Assists on gamedays for delivering scripts and paperwork to production staff, attending pre-game operations briefings and assisting in floor management on headset during the game
· Ability to use photoshop and illustrator to update graphics
· Assists in team and community events and outreach
· Assists in script writing
· Other duties as assigned
· Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. MUST be able to receive course credit
· Graphic Design Experience suggested with knowledge of the Adobe Suite; particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
· A positive attitude and willingness to learn
Internship High Points:
· Academic credit internship
· Corporate social media management skills
· Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
· Experience in development of driving marketing strategy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.