Marketing & Communications Internship - Florida Everblades Hockey Club (Estero · FL)
Florida Everblades Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Estero · FL
Marketing: Social Media
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, PR & Community Relations
INTERNSHIP: Marketing & Communications Internship (UNPAID – College Credit)
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Marketing
(January 2022 – May 2022, June 2022 – September 2022, October 2022 – April 2023)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for assisting in a variety of tasks for daily operations of the Marketing & Communications department.
Marketing & Social Media
- Promote all upcoming games, events & all information through our website, texting platform and team app.
- Create all promotional graphics for all upcoming games for social media platforms.
- Create all game night graphics such as starting lineups, intermission, final score and recap for social media platforms
- Coordinate & implement yearly, monthly & weekly marketing & social media calendar.
- Assist in creating and executing strategic plans for all social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Communications / Media Relations / Public Relations
- Assist in all creation of written releases including but not limited to player signings, partnership announcements, game preview, game recap, and other crucial information that will be sent to media, fans and staff as well as published on website.
- Assist in compiling of game notes, bios and statistical packages for media, scouts, and team executives.
- Assist in setting up press box prior to all Everblades home games; Ensuring name plates and game day materials are in place for media and off-ice officials.
- Clip highlights and send to media, post on website, SendToNews and compile highlight reel.
- Assist in scheduling and attending and/all community appearances.
- Assist in the planning, production, and execution of all team community outreach programs.
- Assist in fulfillment and distribution of donation requests to charitable organizations.
- Assist in all creation of jersey auctions and raffles that take place throughout the season.
- Cover games, events, and other related appearances for social media channels.
- Currently enrolled in college/university working on degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Knowledge about Ice Hockey, the ECHL and the Florida Everblades.
- Working knowledge of AP Style and great writing ability.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Adobe programs, such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro and InDesign.
- Must have flexible hours including weekends and nights. It is expected this intern will attend all home games and work all away games.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR OPTIMUM JOB PERFORMANCE:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Cooperative attitude and great dependability.
- Adaptable, coachable, and willing to do different jobs and to learn all aspects of the sports industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to respond quickly, calmly, and professionally to event-related problems and emergencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.