Media Relations/Social Media intern with Atlanta Gladiators in Duluth, GA
- Assist in setup of the press box on all game days and distribute all content needed for media, PA, opposing broadcasters and others.
- Help with creating, write and organize game notes, stat packs, media credentials, rosters, and lineups.
- Creating unique trends, streaks and tidbits for game notes and broadcast.
- Compile historical information, trivia quizzes, this date in hockey and other game-related items.
- Writing of commercial spots, promos, live reads, special events for game preparation broadcast.
- Handling and coordination of special guests at games and bringing sponsor, players, media interviews to the broadcast booth between periods on time.
- Making sure interview question are submitted before the day of game and in-game research of unexpected guests.
- Create and post the game summary on the website and social media.
- Supply examples of work of player profile stories, post-game summaries, game notes, etc.
- This is an unpaid internship, no housing provided, but college credit is available.
- Must be a Journalism, Media Relations or English major with a good working knowledge of hockey.
- Available to work all 36 home games and playoffs.
- Availability Monday-Friday for select hours, uninterrupted from September through May.
- A skilled researcher who can craft entertaining stories for multiple mediums such as website, program, social media and more.
- Proficiency in all social media platforms, devices, and methods.
How did you hear about this job?
Can you work as an unpaid intern for credit?
Are you available to work all 36 home games and playoffs uninterrupted from September through May?
Do you live within 1 hour of Duluth, Georgia?
Do you have a good working knowledge of hockey?
Can you submit writing samples?