Internship: Communications, Digital Media with Kansas City Mavericks in Kansas City, MO
The Mavericks take pride in providing a competitive platform for interns to grow their careers professionally, both with post-internship employment opportunities within the organization and assistance with placement throughout the industry.
- Must be available to work all home games during internship period. Special events and nontraditional work hours will be required
- Assist with the creation and implementation of social media content (images/graphics/gifs, copy, short videos, etc.) and day-to-day account monitoring
- Support digital team’s efforts with organic content
- Provide customer service to fans in a timely and professional manner via social media
- Work with marketing team to conceptualize and pitch ideas for social media, website and/or video features
- Assist with team record keeping
- Prepare press box on game days and provide support to the Director of Communications in all game day duties
- Assist with reporting of social analytics and trend-spotting
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with and learn from other departments across the organization, including marketing, sponsorship, sales, retail, game entertainment and community relations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current college student (undergraduate or graduate). Must be able to receive course-credit.
- Interest in pursuing future career in digital media, PR and/or professional sports
- Highly creative, hardworking, passionate
- Knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, along with an interest in emerging platforms
- Strong interest/knowledge of hockey is not required, but candidates with strong hockey knowledge will be given preference
- HTML and website management experience a plus
- Basic experience with Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus
- Attention to detail to grammar, AP style and team brand guidelines are a MUST
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, potentially weekends
How did you hear about this job?
Are you aware this is an unpaid, for course-credit internship? You must be able to receive course-credit for consideration.
Are you a local candidate, and/or willing to relocate to Kansas City at your own expense?