Graphic Design Intern (Fall 2020|2020-21 Season) with Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club in Allen · TX
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Graphic Design Intern will help bring life to our brand through the creation of various assets needed to successfully market our organization. In addition to graphic design projects, you may also have the opportunity to work in other services such as marketing, social media, business development initiatives and game day operations as needed. Internship will, at minimum, span over a semester of college and involves about 600 hours (Can be flexible based on needs). We can offer flexible hours during the week based on the needs of your supervisor and can be discussed. Weekend availability is a must – you will be expected to work on weekends creating graphics or assisting on-site with events.
Internship High Points:
- Academic credit internship, with the potential for hourly wages based on level of experience and initial performance
- Corporate social media management skills
- Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
- Experience in development of driving marketing strategy
- Create designs for the following: Event Artwork, Social Media, Marketing flyer, Team Store apparel graphics, Banners, headers, graphics, etc. for various websites & Ticketing/Sponsorship Sales.
- Works closely and directly with Marketing, Ticketing and Sponsorships Units
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a relevant major, such as Graphic Design, Marketing, etc.
- Must be proficient in Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) & G-Suite
- Punctual and self-motivating
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Creative design ideas
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism and comfortable with the editing/approval process that comes with graphic design
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing | Analytics Start Date: August 2020
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?