Communications & Public Relations Intern with Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club in Allen · TX
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Communications | Public Relations Intern will get real world professional sports experience writing, editing and publishing content for the club's various digital platforms. Tasks will include interviewing players and coaches at training sessions and following games, transcribing quotes, building and editing game notes, and more. Applicants should be prepared to engage with professional athletes and media members on a regular basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce a variety of content over the club’s digital platforms
- Write, edit and post articles for the team website, www.AllenAmericans.com
- Gather quotes from players and coaches
- Sit in on press conferences and transcribe quotes following
- Research and organize stats before and after games
- Build and edit match notes using Google G-Suite
- Assist with posting to team's social media platforms
- Assist with media responsibilities and daily promotion of the organizational brand
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports journalism
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights, weekends and game days
- Proficient in Google G-Suite
- Demonstrated writing and grammar proficiency in AP Style
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with Ice Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel, occasionally work long hours and handle some light physical activity
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
Reports to: Vice President, Communications & Broadcasting Start Date: August 2020
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?