Adirondack Thunder 2023-2024 Internship Program
Adirondack Thunder, proud member of the ECHL, are seeking passionate, highly motivated, outgoing, and dedicated candidates for our internship program for our upcoming 2023-2024 season. The Adirondack Thunder are committed to providing students with a one-of-a-kind experience that will prepare any candidates for a future career in the sports industry. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with Thunder front office staff members and learn how a professional sport team operates.
We expect our interns to bring a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and to be someone who works with dedication, respect, and pride. The 2023-2024 Internship Program season will run through April of 2024 and will include at least 36 home games. Applicants must be able to work 90% of games, of which a good portion of games fall on nights, weekends, and/or holiday. We require all interns to have reliable transportation to and from games and maintain a professional appearance while working as promotional and goodwill ambassadors for the Adirondack Thunder.
- Graphic Design
- Ticket Sales
- Game Operations Promotions
- Must be currently enrolled in school and able to receive course credit. This internship is unpaid.
- Ability to walk and stand for an extended period and lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
- Comfortable in front of large crowds.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry is a plus.
The primary function of our internship program is to provide hands on experience in all aspects of the sports industry through planning events and activities leading up to and through the conclusion of the Adirondack Thunder season. Interns will provide support to our front office staff by assisting in any assigned duties.
- The Communications Intern will assist staff on gamedays (game notes, social media, game recaps, press releases, postgame interviews).
- Assist with community events (accompany team mascot and players on school visits and other appearances, work at Thunder table at other events).
- Assist with the radio broadcasts (interviews, segments, stats, highlights).
- The Graphic Design intern reports to the creative service department and will aid in designing and creating print ads, graphics, website ads and content.
- The Ticket Sales department is seeking dedicated candidates to provide assistance in the ticketing department with daily administrative duties and clerical support.
- Assist in executing various grassroots marketing activities with Ticket Sales in order to drive ticket sand and brand awareness.
- Assist on Game days with sales, and service initiatives such as Will-Call and Guest Services.
Game Operations Promotions
- Organize and execute in-game promotions and contests.
- Act as a liaison to performance groups such as anthem singers, color guards, puck drops and intermission activities.
- Assisting the Director of Events and Game Night Staff before, during, and after all Thunder home games in presenting and executing a high- energy game experience that is memorable for fans.
- Able to follow scripts accordingly to insure in game activities such as on ice entertainment and media breaks are all executed properly.
- Assisting and working closely with our mascot, in game hosts, and contestants for in game promotions.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Events.
The Adirondack Thunder and Cool Insuring Arena are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by law