Job Title: Part-Time Game Day Staff
Department: Event Presentation
Reports to: Event Presentation & Creative Services Manager
The Top Shelf:
The Rockford IceHogs are looking for fun, enthusiastic people to assist on game days for the 2022-23 season. This is a game day position that helps promote all aspects of game entertainment. The Game Day Staff assists the organization in giving fans the best experience possible.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Assist in the implementation and execution of all in-arena game presentation activities for the Rockford IceHogs including but not limited to promotions on and off the ice, anthems, color guard, pre and/or post-game ceremonies, intermission entertainment, handouts, and mascot duties for the IceHogs and special events outside of game nights
- Greet all members and guests with pleasantries as they enter and exit the arena
- Work as a team to execute all game day elements of the Rockford IceHogs game presentation strategies and promotions
- Assist in distribution of promotional items
- Take part in pre-game preparation, in-game implementation, and post-game duties to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Participate in fan interaction with and without the team mascot
- Explain the details of the 50/50 Raffle program to IceHogs fans
- Actively sell 50/50 raffle tickets
- Answer all fan questions accurately and professionally to enhance their experience
- Assist other departments with game-day initiatives as assigned
- Promote a positive fan experience and work as part of a creative team
- Assist with other IceHogs events in and out of the arena when necessary
- Professionally represent the IceHogs brand while in the arena
- Other duties assigned as necessary
Player Stats and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have strong skating abilities
- Must be able to commit to the entire Rockford IceHogs 2022-23 season – including attending preseason meetings and training sessions, working all 36 regular-season home games and playoff games. Availability for game days is a must. If you are not able to commit to the entire season, we ask that you do not apply.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills and exhibit a willingness to help your co-workers succeed
- Must possess strong communication skills, an outgoing and positive attitude, and enjoy interaction with fans
- Should exhibit a genuine enthusiasm for community involvement within the sports industry
- Should be comfortable interacting with and being around a large group of people
- Ability to work extended hours around the team game schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to address, adapt to, and overcome challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for driving results
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates Chicago Blackhawks core values of integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee when performing duties on ice skates must be able to ice skat3e well enough to perform on-ice tasks safely, within the time provided; possess the ability to turn, stop, bend over and lift small items while in ice skates; and use light work equipment while performing the duties of their job.
The Chicago Blackhawks is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.