Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships Service & Retention
Location: United Center, Chicago, IL
Assists with the Partnership Department’s execution of contractual elements and manages a list of pre-assigned partnership accounts. This person will be responsible for delivering all contractual obligations and providing superior customer service throughout the year and work on renewals and upsells when contract terms expire.
- Coordinates the implementation of contractual partnership assets within each agreement prior to and throughout each season within Workfront. Assets may include: Print ads, dasherboard logos, radio spots, in-arena signage, social/digital media campaigns, retail promotions, game tickets, etc.
- Daily/weekly communication with client or client agency regarding all contractual elements
- Update creative on all activations with graphics team and client for the year and confirm creative fits within Blackhawks brand guidelines
- Prepare recap decks for each assigned partner with available data, proof of performance photos via Photoshelter and description to help measure partner KPIs
- Create renewal and upsell presentations with the guidance of sales reps (if applicable)
- Work with BHTV and Digital Content team to determine content strategy on contractual elements and guidelines prior to sharing concepts with partners
- Attend off-site non-game night events
- Assist sales team on client requests throughout the season.
- Weekly meetings with the Director, Corporate Partnerships Service & Retention to go over account activations and contractual assets
- Extensive knowledge of Blackhawks partners, category and tiering system strategies and rate card
- Show external partner support by attending partner seminars, charity events, etc.
- Understand new partner initiatives and be able to implement via internal department collaboration
- Communicate regularly with digital content team on contractual assets and social cadence for the year.
- Schedule partner lunches and meetings to keep them engaged and foster relationships
- Invite and host partners to games and other Blackhawks events
- Show positive attitude regarding the Blackhawks, working for the team, the ownership group and team performance
- Be on-site for all player/alumni requests within client activations
- Manage creative process pertaining to co-branded partner giveaway items
- Invite and host partners to concert events at United Center when applicable.
- Submit WGN Radio scripts and ads prior to the season starting.
- Be a thought starter and bring new ideas to team meetings
- Attend partner events at Fifth Third Arena (i.e. practices, Locker Room parties, Hockey Ops Suite, etc.)
- Work with Fifth Third Arena staff to update sponsor creative at the facility
- Submit signage creative to NBC Sports Chicago.
- Work with game operations regarding scoreboard/LED creative and atrium/concourse activations
- Work with Blackhawks photographer on season long photo tagging log
- Assists Chicago Blackhawks Foundation with sponsor commitments
- Provide feedback and helps develop new and creative ways to cater to our current partners in a first-class environment
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of client service experience in the sports or entertainment industry
- Social media proficiency
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Team oriented
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and work in Photoshop
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.