ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
Department: Corporate Partnership Development and Retention
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development & Revenue
Opportunity awaits with this unique experience to rebuild and transform a long-term AHL franchise and grow the sport of hockey in Illinois! The Rockford IceHogs, the AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks are now being operated by Chicago Blackhawks organization and we are looking for a visionary and driven teammate as our next Account Executive, Corporate Partnerships. This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, generating, and increasing marketing partnerships for the Rockford IceHogs with a strong focus on relationship sales, new business development and customer retention. This person must provide extensive customer service and continual development of relationships with customers, co-workers, and corporate partners. The ideal candidate will have a drive for results and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Generate, develop, and maintain new and ongoing business and sales relationships.
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and services best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, and data capture and personal data base management.
- Identify and diagnose client objectives and initiate research, development, implementation, fulfillment and recap of partnership proposals, elements and contracts.
- Oversee accurate compilation of data information, billing, payments, and reports pertaining to proposals, budgets, and other account details into CRM.
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; win concessions without damaging relationships; have a good sense of timing.
- Relate well to all kinds of people; build appropriate rapport and constructive & effective relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience in related field, preferably advertising or sponsorship sales.
- Knowledge of sponsorship and media sales (including digital media).
- Ability to consistently develop and generate new business.
- Self-starter with ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to engage and interact with current and prospective clients, fans, & other stakeholders.
- Uphold and demonstrate organizational values at all times – Integrity, Curiosity, Empathy, Collaborative & Originality.
- Ability to foster a positive team culture, work well and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and persistence to overcomes obstacles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks, support multiple high-level positions, and be able to prioritize work when given multiple projects.
- Ability and desire to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as event schedule requires.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and other computer skills required.
- Business Development positions may have flexibility to work a hybrid remote/in-person schedule and may be perfect for candidates in both Rockford Metro or wider Chicagoland areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.