*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Delaware North Sportservice is searching for a Manager of Facilities & Engineering to join our team at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. As Manager of Facilities & Engineering you will be responsible for the operation of building maintenance and facility services while effectively managing associates, partnering and communicating with other teams and departments, and consistently demonstrating Delaware North's values.
- Overseeing the operation of maintaining, replacing, or repairing all electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems, services, and equipment.
- Managing and performing carpentry, painting, and other maintenance needs.
- Establish, enforce, and train associates on department policies and procedures that ensure a safe, effective work environment.
- Follow up on work orders to ensure work is being completed in an efficient, professional quality manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical appearance of the facility.
- Ensure all paperwork, work orders, and logs are completed and maintained.
- Participate in Fire Prevention and other life safety programs.
- Demonstrate skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to defuse difficult, and sometimes emotionally charged, situations to maintain the customer’s goodwill.
- Supervise and manage the selection, training, development, and appraisal of associates in your department.
- Assist in the preparation of daily and weekly reports.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrate a commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years' experience as a supervisor managing a team.
- Experience in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, painting and patching, machinery, metalworking, landscaping, and locksmith duties.
- Must have a general knowledge of the use of simple equipment used in building trades.
- Ability to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Ability to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Manual dexterity is sufficient to use hand tools and to paint.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to perform repairs, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Visual acuity is sufficient for reading, performing repairs, and painting.
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions in all seasons, including variable temperatures and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level may be moderate-to-high.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.