Entertainment Coordinator - San Diego Gulls Hockey Club (San Diego · CA)
San Diego Gulls Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in San Diego · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Summary of Position
Summary of Position
The San Diego Gulls game entertainment coordinator/correspondent is to assist the Manager, Game Operations in all aspects of the in-game fan experience and act as a digital host for marketing purposes. This position will be responsible for event planning in a professional or college sports environment and will assign daily duties to the Gulls Girls and Mascot teams. The Game Entertainment Coordinator will work closely with other managers in the marketing and communications department to ensure that all promotions, sponsor obligations and other duties assigned are executed properly. As a correspondent, this position must have a good public speaking presence, and will perform in front of large crowds on camera.
- Provide support in the planning of game day activations for in-arena entertainment.
- Delegate assignments to the entertainment team for all game day fan activations.
- Supervise Gulls Girls and Mascot Teams and take an active role on the hiring committee as well as crewing the teams for game day and non-game day events.
- Assist with game day presentations and operations such as the National Anthem, Color Guard, Military Hero, and intermission promotional events.
- Generate crowd excitement by creating an entertaining atmosphere during promotions.
- Correspondent for online digital and broadcast activities and promotions.
- Attend Gulls community events to report and broadcast digitally online
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and all home games.
- Available to attend numerous community related events on behalf of the Gulls organization
- Available 10-15 hours per week during the season in the office
- Available to attend Gulls day practices and report for digital distribution.
- Experience in sports and hockey is not mandatory, but highly preferred.
- Must be an effective public speaker with experience in front of a live camera.
- Cheer, dance, theatrical or spirit team experience required.
- Experience reading and memorizing scripts quickly.
- Must be able to walk and climb stairs for up to 3 hours.
- Able to perform strenuous physical duties, including carrying heavy boxes and equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.