Account Executive, Group Sales - San Diego Gulls Hockey Club (San Diego · CA)
San Diego Gulls Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in San Diego · CA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Summary of Position
Summary of Position
The responsibility of the Group Sales Account Executive is to maximize group ticket revenue through new sales initiatives and renewing current group sales clients. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating large group events and group specific themed events . The incumbent of this position must be self motivated, and able to meet and exceed stipulated sales goals.
- Sell group tickets to area businesses, organizations and individuals
- Generate new sales through telephone, outside appointments and development of referrals and leads through networking, cold calling, prospecting and other techniques
- Renew current group sales clients of the San Diego Gulls
- Make minimum of 50 outbound sales calls per day
- Maintain accurate computerized records of all clients and prospects through our CRM system
- Develop, maintain and build own prospect list in addition to any leads provided by the company through networking, creative planning and other techniques
- Achieve or exceed pre-determined sales goals for all group ticket categories
- Manage accounts to ensure client issues are resolved
- Build and leverage relationships with businesses and individuals in order to promote sales
- Assist with game night activities, as well as any special events on an as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned by department manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one (1) year prior group sales experience; preferably in a professional sports environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed stipulated sales goals
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required.
- Competitive and high energy attitude with a passion for what you are selling
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience in BackOffice/Veritix and Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required with good driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education - Bachelor's Degree
Certifications Required – If applicable list, or indicate NA.
Experience Required - 1-2 Year's
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.