2023 U.S. Open Long-Term Ticketing Operations Internship - United States Golf Association (USGA) (Bernards · NJ)
The USGA is a leader in the global golf industry, whose purpose is to unify the game through programs like the World Handicap System, to showcase the best talent in the game through championships, to govern the game to promote fairness for all who play, and to advance the game and golf courses through innovation and science and programs that grow participation.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic team that is an integral part of the USGA? The U.S. Open Championships internship is a great way to gain valuable experience in sports management. Whether you work in Merchandising, Operations, Championship or Will Call, you will gain valuable experience and see firsthand how an exemplary golf championship is run.
This is a Full-Time Internship from January 2023 through September 2023 working in the Ticketing office in Far Hills, NJ, as well as travel onsite for the various 2023 USGA Championships.
The purpose of the position is to learn and assist with all aspects of the U.S. Open Championships ticket & credential operation, fan customer service and experience, including the on-site Will Call function.
- Assist the ticketing office with day-to-day functions
- Learn the AXS Back Office ticketing platform
- Learn the Accredit credential platform
- Respond to emails and calls from current and potential ticket buyers
- Help with the ticket and credential fulfillment
- Assist with credential production
- Assist with special projects and mailings
- Ticket sales and resolution during championships
- Able to work long hours, nights and/or weekends as necessary
- Travel will primarily be during the months of May, June, July and August
What you bring to the USGA:
- Desire to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work individually or in a team setting
- Strong customer service
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and professional phone manners
- Golf knowledge a plus
**Please note that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment with the USGA (proof of vaccination will be required and reasonable accommodations will be considered for medical or religious reasons).
About the USGA
The USGA is a nonprofit organization that celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment, handicapping and amateur status rules. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer