Department | Creative Services
Work Location | Remote
Reports To | Director, Marketing
FLSA Classification | Non-Exempt
The Junior Designer will work closely with the team of in-house integrated creatives and will be a part of a think tank working across many WTA and ATP touchpoints from social and digital to physical Tournament branding. This role will play an active part in telling stories for global, elite players, tournaments, and fans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualise, create, design, and visualise content for social and digital platforms
- Incorporate strategic business requirements and brand guidelines to all design
- Artwork assets derived from various hero creative brand worlds, across multiple formats, sizes, and specs
- Weekly briefs include producing social first work that communicates results, winners, key moments for both players and tournaments
- This also includes weekly updates for tournament print adverts, tournaments anniversary/welcome collages, retirements, template updates, player photography grade and cut-outs
- Presentation design and visual support will occasionally be needed
- Be an active brand guardian for all things WTA and ATP (you’ll be a strong figure across the number of brand platforms we execute off).
- Produce creative solutions from briefs, self-initiate ideas and proactively contribute to them
- Maintain excellent knowledge of social platforms, industry innovations and trends
- Maintain a high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components
- Design for a variety of outputs including WTA and ATP social channels, for local tournaments digital assets, animated GIF and static web banners, PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, email templates for use in a range of CRM campaigns, and other in-house Marketing team materials
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years’ work experience as a graphic designer or related position, ideally in a creative agency or marketing agency
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, MS PowerPoint
- Previous experience in social media
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles
- Must understand and be able to comply with brand identity & guidelines
- Experience with motion graphics is preferred
- Background in HTML/email design
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate will also possess a passion for and understanding of the sport of tennis, related governing bodies and industry stakeholders
- Strong graphic design understanding of foundation principles (typography, layout, composition, color theory), production and hands-on skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work well under pressure and drive projects
- Collaborative mindset
- Detail oriented
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Ability to liaise professionally with high profile clientele and league officials
- Uphold WTA Core Values: Be Progressive, Collaborative, Passionate, and show Integrity. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the court, make a difference in the community and create a premier, compelling global sport entertainment experience. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Position Type/Work Schedule:
Full Time, 40 hours a week. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday. Occasional nights and weekends based on tournaments/needs.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
The employee is required to sit for long periods; use close/distant vision; hear using the telephone; bend at the waist and knee; communicate verbally and electronically with worldwide constituency; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The WTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.