Department | Marketing
Work Location | US Remote
Reports To | Digital Strategy Director
FLSA Classification | Non-Exempt
Duration | 26 Weeks
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Social Media Team to help execute social media strategies
- Support the Social Media Team in day-to-day posting across social platforms
- Assist with highlight clipping in video management tool
- Help manage content distribution platform for players
- Assist in managing and updating the social editorial calendar
- Coordinate monthly Social Media dashboard reporting
- Investigate new potential social media platforms to promote the league
- Special projects, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- The candidate must be recently graduated or currently enrolled in college/university
- Studies and/or experience in the area of Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital Media and/or Marketing
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- Knowledge of digital media formats across social platforms
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Tennis knowledge preferred, not required
- Uphold WTA Core Values: Be Progressive, Collaborative, Passionate, and show Integrity. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the court, make a difference in the community and create a premier, compelling global sport entertainment experience. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Position Type/Work Schedule:
Seasonal employee. 6-month internship, 40 hours a week. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday. May include weekends and non-typical shift start times (not to exceed 8 hours) during certain periods in the WTA season.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
The employee is required to sit for long periods; use close/distant vision; hear using the telephone; bend at the waist and knee; communicate verbally and electronically with worldwide constituency; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The WTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.