Description: Rare internship opportunity to assist in running one of the world’s premier tennis events. Each intern is given enormous responsibility which offers great preparation and experience for future endeavors. This internship offers a more in-depth experience and advanced techniques utilizing the Ticketmaster/Archtics software, used by most professional sports organizations across the country.
Location: Tournament site in Mason, Ohio. 5460 Courseview Dr., Mason, OH 45040
Dates: Interns will be asked to work for four weeks prior to the tournament week as well as the week of the tournament. Pre-tournament dates: July 18 – August 12, Tournament dates – August 13 - 21, 2022
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Willingness, with a smile, to do whatever it takes to run the very best tournaments possible.
- Interns will be trained on Ticketmaster/Archtics software (utilized in many sports venues across the country) and will be responsible for all aspects of tournament patron relations, including accepting and processing patron ticket orders via phone or via online ticket order system, handling more advanced skills utilizing the ticketing software, troubleshooting patron questions and offering solutions, assistance in training interns who will be working during tournament week to handle ticket office window duties and provide technical support at all entrances.
- The ability to communicate via phone and in person in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in preparing patron accounts and finalizing purchases.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic accounting skills in understanding balancing ticket sales/income
Normal Hours: Pre-tournament, hours are approximately 8am-6pm, with two weeks prior to the tournament 8am-7pm (shifts may be scheduled). During the tournament, the ticket office is open from 8am-10pm each day; with a future sales window inside the gates being open from noon-evening match conclusion (approximately 11pm).
Dress: The tournament will provide a tournament logo shirt and cap. Interns must provide their own khaki, white or navy skirt or slacks to compliment the uniform. Parking in a private lot also included.
Compensation: This will be a paid position (details TBD), and can be used for college credit or experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.