The Sanderson Farms Championship held October 2 – October 8, 2023 is an annual stop on the PGA TOUR hosted by Century Club Charities, a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization whose mission is to promote the game of golf for the benefit of charity. The tournament’s primary beneficiary is Friends of Children’s Hospital. The tournament has been part of the PGA TOUR schedule since 1968 and is now in its twelfth year as a part of the FedExCup. Since 1994, Century Club Charities has served as the host organization for Mississippi’s PGA TOUR event, helping to raise over $18 million for statewide charities. Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM), the nation’s third largest poultry producer, based in Laurel, MS, is the title sponsor.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Dates: August 8 – October 13, 2023
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support operations and tournament staff in daily needs throughout setup and tear down
- Monitor vendor schedules and ensure the timeliness of completed work
- Manage inventory of tournament equipment, including course signage, trash receptacles, tools, as well as scoring and caddie supplies
- Responsible for on-site deliveries, including utilizing a log for each shipment and directing equipment and packages to the correct areas onsite. Responsible for the shipping of equipment following the tournament.
- Liaison with host venue and Television Broadcast team
- Coordinate set-up of operations compound and overseeing movement of equipment from warehouse facility to the tournament site
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, uniform distribution and training
- Create credential access boards that illustrate ability to access various areas
- Provide support for special events which may include junior clinics, Pro-Ams and pairings parties
- Prior forklift certification and usage is helpful.
- Other duties as assigned
The responsibilities require frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking and listening. On occasion, the individual will be required to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds.
*Roles may vary according to the intern’s availability and event needs
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
- Must be either working towards or achieved a Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal, organization and computer skills are crucial
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Efficiency, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Willingness to take an active leadership role
- Work outside in any weather and in direct sun exposure
- Drive and operate a golf cart and company vehicle at times
Exact schedule may be somewhat flexible for current student based upon their schedule. As the tournament nears, a 7-day work-week and extended hours will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.