In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
The Director, Original Content is an experienced and innovative candidate with a proven history of leading the production of documentaries, post-produced specials, weekly series and feature production. This person is a thought leader among our content groups, conceptualizing and overseeing content that will resonate with PGA TOUR fans and appeal to a new audience.
Relationship and team management is a vital part of this role, acting as the main contact with networks, sponsors and TOUR stakeholders. The knowledge to navigate the production process, including selling, shooting, editing and delivering long and short form content is required. Leading a large team, mentoring and providing feedback and encouraging a collaborative environment is fundamental to success in the position.
The Director, Original Content should be incredibly organized, embrace sudden change and be unflappable under stress. This position will work across departments at the PGA TOUR to ensure all groups are aligned on Storytelling ideas and content.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Broadcast, Production, Journalism, Management or Communications preferred
- Ten years of experience in working for a production or media company
- Television and/or digital production experience required
- Field production experience required
- History of managing multiple large budgets; knowledge of costs associated with production
- Diverse understanding of field and post-production
- History of managing teams with both direct and indirect reports
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Work with production team to maintain accountability on all production standards for PGA TOUR Original programming
- Provide daily feedback on original content concepts and productions
- Oversee budgets for various documentaries, shows, specials, features and field shoots. Work closely with Production Managers in booking freelance crews for various projects
- Supervise the entire production process, including post-production. Help guide story narratives that align with PGA TOUR Storytelling ideas and initiatives
- Field produce shoots as necessary. Manage relationship with on-air talent and freelance crews
- Communicate and work with VP, Original and Social Content throughout entire production process
- Liase with Sales and Branded Content teams on opportunities, production and deliverables
- Sync with Digital/Social team on shared content, maximizing the reach of PGA TOUR content across all media platforms
- Lead regular meetings with Content Creators to prepare for upcoming shoots and tournaments, working closely with Digital and Original teams, staying up to date on content plans
- Participates in the planning and development for current and future production and operational needs and requirements of production operations, including but not limited to systems, equipment, workflow, staffing and facilities
- Participates in the research of new technologies as they relate to operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry
- Must be available during competition hours, which includes evenings and weekends
- Oversee Leads, coordinating and approving content across the Originals team
- Oversee Senior Content Producers, mentoring their development as field producers and content creators
- Develop and encourage staff to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.