In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
Responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of all statistical data and scores across ShotLink system with emphasis on remote ShotLink Data Production. The position will assist with system administration and management of volunteers and staff who perform on-course set-up and data collection. The Manager of ShotLink Production may also be responsible for composing reports, escalating problems to product owners, and providing input to improve the overall efficiency of the ShotLink system.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Business, Sports Management, Communications, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Five years related experience required. Experience in a sports-related business environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of PGA TOUR Golf Technology Infrastructure and ShotLink Scoring methods
- Knowledge of rules of golf
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteer workforces, including in a remote capacity
- Some travel required; teamwork, initiative, dependability, and promptness; ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects; ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals; excellent communication skills.
- Able to safely operate a utility vehicle such as, but not limited to, golf carts, utility carts, and shuttle carts.
- Perform data collection in real-time, verifying accuracy, troubleshooting errors and resolving issues in a timely manner. This includes validating data from camera systems, lasers, radars, and walking scorers/volunteers.
- Ensure each camera is calibrated correctly and data being captured is accurate.
- Answer questions from tournament officials, volunteers, media and TV partners related to data and statistics.
- Notify Tournament Event Logistics of problems with any of the scoring sensors or handheld equipment.
- Communicate issues with volunteers to onsite staff.
- Monitor and validate data presented in the Tournament Tracker application.
- Document software and hardware issues in the daily report and escalate to product owners.
- Organize and manage the total scoring effort of events and supervise/monitor volunteer activity.
- Provide input to improve efficiency and consistency of staging of tournaments.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.