In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Lead – Content Operations is responsible for overseeing a content team focused on producing content for and programming our new website and app. This position oversees the day-to-day production, working closely with Storytelling, Editorial, Product, Analytics and other departments to drive conversation around our players, tournaments and partners and increase traffic and engagement on our platforms. The Lead has the ability to jump into the mix of production in breaking news situations, and also mentor up-and-coming creatives. The Lead also can think creatively to utilize the a variety of media and tools on our platforms to deepen fans' experience. This position has experience leading dynamic teams of content creators in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. Marketing, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in managing/editing content for use on websites and apps, including content creation, best practices, success metrics and emerging platforms
- Proven track record of driving strategy and programs with measurable results
- Experience in collaborating across teams to create innovative, multimedia content
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure, which will involve working evenings and weekends during key events
- Understanding of sports news and story lines, with sound journalistic ethics and judgment
- Commitment to high-quality work product that meet brand and fan standards
- Familiarity working with content monitoring and measurement tools such as Parse.ly, Adobe, Google Analytics 360 and native platform tools
- Strong knowledge of the Associated Press stylebook
- Understanding of the different content needs and processes for all mediums
- Design, photo, and video editing skills a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft programs a plus
- Background in golf preferred; strong interest in golf required
- Drive content operations strategy across website and apps, analyzing performance results and setting plans for growth
- Execute content plans through successful cross-department collaboration, supervision, training, scheduling, and mentoring of team members
- Oversee content schedule and strategize on promotional support for individual pieces of content and content series
- Work collaboratively with Product, Storytelling, Marketing and other internal stakeholders, sharing digital content plans and opportunities to build stories that inform and entertain our fans with a variety of tools
- Represent website and app on cross departmental discussions such as Storytelling and Sales
- Support the development of direct report(s) and demonstrate a positive and passionate attitude
- Ability to adapt to changing editorial conditions in a short time frame
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication
- Demonstrate expertise of content trends by surfacing and sharing best practices, emerging platforms, and industry news
- Regularly participate in content brainstorms, pitching ideas
- Adhere to established brand and identity guidelines across all content platforms
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.