In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
As a Director, Data Management, you will lead strategies to promote effective data governance practices and ensure data is, protected, consistent, accessible, and managed. You will lead data privacy efforts and consult with internal and external partners to drive the adoption of data management, governance, and best practices to demonstrate the value of data governance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Ten years of relevant data and data management experience required
- Excellent ability to use ETL and Data Integration tools on more than one data platforms including AWS cloud computing technologies
- Demonstrated experience with more than one of the following tools and languages - SQL, Python, Hive, NoSQL, Java, Alteryx, Matillion, and Snowflake
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging
- Experience with data privacy laws and regulations and working with PII
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to break a problem down into manageable pieces, evaluate potential risks/alternatives, and implement effective, timely solutions
- Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships
- Experience consulting with internal stakeholders on business priorities and optimizing value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future data direction.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects and teams
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage change, develop employees, and align resources to accomplish key objectives
- Advanced understanding of emerging trends and new technologies in knowledge management
- Strong understanding of overall physical and logical data model and of data relationships, mapping, lineage and business rules
- Direct the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity security and privacy of the data
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to influence, develop, and implement governance practices, privacy, and responsibilities and prioritize business data requirements, specifications, and rules
- Oversee the development and accountable for procedures, processes, and remediation plans to assure data quality for business purposes
- Assess recommended changes to production systems, determine impact on existing systems, processes and develop appropriate specifications, enhancements and or procedures
- Manage the rollout and adoption metadata repository, data catalog, reference data management, and data lineage capabilities
- Oversee and lead root cause analysis and resolution of data issues, including proposal and implementation of specification or procedural changes to address issue, working with impacted areas
- Act as an escalation point for data requests based on privacy procedures and applicable data laws
- Leverage knowledge of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage, and business rules to optimize data lake strategy and keep apprised of new data technologies
- Develop frameworks and plans to align with data strategy and create processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Lead the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Effectively manage resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution
- May coach team members on performing complex data profiling and analysis and communicate results in support of data quality processes.
- Develop and encourage staff to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives.
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.