In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is responsible for the creative development and implementation of PR plans for the Korn Ferry Tour, Korn Ferry Tour members and tournaments, under direction of the Senior Director of Communications. This role will also support communications efforts across PGA TOUR Pathways, including the Korn Ferry Tour, the international tours, PGA TOUR University and PGA TOUR Q-School.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism
- 4 years full-time experience in communications or public relations required
- Prior exposure to golf tournament or sports event communications preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively within and across diverse groups
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office Software applications
- A professional image, willingness to travel, and ability to work as a team is essential
- Proficient skills in writing, editing, content creation, idea pitching and public speaking
- Experience in social media applications
- Manage the year-round promotion of the Korn Ferry Tour to elevate the brands of Tour members while increasing year-round media engagement and coverage for co-sanctioned events on local and national platforms.
- Support the PGA TOUR Pathways communications and content efforts in a variety of capacities.
- Develop and manage communications counsel with pre-determined events annually to ensure tournament and title PR needs are exceeded and elevated on an annual basis.
- Manage the local, national and international promotion of Korn Ferry Tour members and individual storylines in traditional and digital applications, including the production of weekly Update document.
- Oversight of media center at Korn Ferry Tour events, including pre-tournament credentialing, player and course access for media members, informational document distribution, press conferences and interview requests.
- Produce daily notes document after tournament rounds to ensure coverage on PGA TOUR-owned platforms as well as local and national distribution.
- Oversee fulfillment of informational statistics and interview requests from media, tournaments and broadcast partners.
- Manage the maintenance of all Korn Ferry Tour digital media guide applications.
- Collaborate with the Korn Ferry Tour digital team with content creation and implementation across .com and social platforms, including photography and video needs, as well as onsite interviews.
- Assist with press conference needs, as well as tournament teams and Tournament Business Sponsor Relations leads with media day guidance and materials.
- Development of relationships with Korn Ferry Tour staff, players, agents and media to establish a trusted working environment from which to collaborate and promote Tour initiatives.
- Compile and submit news articles mentioning the Korn Ferry Tour for inclusion in the PGA TOUR’s organization-wide daily clipping distribution.
- Assist PGA TOUR communications team with media official needs at 1-2 events annually as needed, working closely with local and national media to promote TOUR players during tournament week.
- In support of the PGA TOUR’s Storytelling efforts, collaborate with assigned TOUR players via Catalyst program to create and consistently update dossiers that will enhance television coverage, build content for PGA TOUR platforms and better identify media opportunities in the overall effort to build players as stars.
- Support internal communications efforts including the Daily Clippings.
- Assist in the promotion of Korn Ferry Tour IMPACT efforts by uncovering impactful storylines in communities through local charities and implement through written word and video production with social channels.
- Support the Tournament Business Sponsor Relations department in their efforts to provide recap reports to each tournament by providing various materials used for reporting media value.
- Support department's corporate communications function and special assignments.
- Special Projects or other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.