In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
The buyer directs the content strategy, product selection and use of customer and trend information to support the merchandise strategies of the PGA TOUR. They are responsible for sales budgets of t-shirt, headwear, and accessories in the PGA TOUR’s tournament retail shops. The buyer partners with the senior buyer and the planner to achieve product and financial objectives. The buyer will be accountable to meet and exceed departmental sales volume and gross margin targets.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Merchandising, Retail or similar discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience of retail merchandising and/or buying for apparel, headwear, and/or accessories preferred
- Experience managing and supporting a high-sales volume categories (high SKU count, heavy seasonality and market specific, high revenue ($20M+)) (preferred)
- Experience with tournament related retail a plus
- Skilled with retail math and the ability to analyze results
- Strong communication skills and experience maintaining vendor and interdepartmental relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment of the PGA TOUR
- Proficient with POS (prefer Jonas) and Microsoft office software, specifically strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travel to (13+) PGA TOUR tournaments as needed; work hours include evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to safely operate a utility vehicle such as, but not limited to, golf carts, utility carts, and shuttle carts
- Develop product plan to support tournament merchandise strategies based on customers’ expectations and trends
- Collaborate on development of assortment plans based on current partnerships to optimize budgeted sales
- Partner with senior buyer and senior planner to execute a merchandise strategy based on customer, market trend and input from director of merchandising, head professionals, and/or tournaments that drives growth for events
- Execute a buy plan that supports the merchandise strategy by event, optimizes the product investment by channel and aligns with financial plans
- Research new trends or advances in product lines to make appropriate buying decisions to maximize event revenue
- Contribute to developing buying plans and negotiations for purchase terms with vendors
- Collaborate with suppliers and management team on conceptual assortment planning for tournament retail venues
- Work with marketing to present sales promotions and unique products
- Communicate with suppliers on performance, expected results, and adjustments due to business. Lead negotiations on profitability expectations
- Direct inventory management in season, such as ensuring effective decision making around analysis, markdowns, replenishment and reorders
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.