In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We have an opportunity for a Billing Specialist in our Accounting & Finance department. This position will maintain accurate records and follow a disciplined approach to assuring all associated costs are captured accurately and timely, are keyed into the required software program, and are subsequently packaged as contractually required and sent to the client for payment. This position is responsible for the invoicing process within the Billing department, contract review, data analysis and other special projects as needed.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field
- A minimum of four years billing or applicable experience required
- Prior exposure to an automated accounting system
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Detail-oriented approach and accurate data entry skills, required
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Operate in a professional environment with other billing specialists who provide a best-in class customer service experience
- Adapt to various billing streams for invoicing, including but not limited to, digital and contractual
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Continued learning with biannual Workday system release update
- Participate in the month end close process to ensure all billing has been released in a timely manner
- Communicate with various departments to ensure billable obligations are submitted accurately and timely
- Reconcile third party systems for billing opportunities
- Determine when credit memos are needed and calculate/issue using correct accounting entries and procedures
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.